Sunday 27 October 2013

THE POT BELLY BARD - THERE IS NO TOMORROW FOR ME

Suck on my fingers and lick the plate clean
A burp here and a fart there to announce i'm pleased
"And where are your manners, Mister?" a frowned mum bellows
None left, 'cause there may be no tomorrow for me.

Clean the house and mop the floors
My legacy shall not be a dirty sock or a wet towel
Remove the cobwebs of life and dust off problems
Worry not, there may be no tomorrow for me.

Hug my friends and kiss my family goodbye
Make love to my darling until evening, and then some;
I shall ride into the sunset
Stare at the road and lights, as if there is no tomorrow for me.

Spread my arms wide and howl into the moonlight
Strip down butt naked and run on all fours
"Pray, what ailing animal might that be?"
And to the bemused Bard i say, there is no tomorrow for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment